I’m very excited to open a new teaching and learning guide designed to support enhancement of culturally responsive and socially just (CRSJ) counselling. You can access this guide at https://crsjguide.pressbooks.com/. The purpose of this guide is to provide a collection of interactive learning activities centred around key concepts that are integrated into the CRSJ counselling model. These activities draw on other open source resources and integrate multimedia to support different learning styles. Click below for a few examples. These activities can be linked directly into online courses, and instructors can copy, edit, build on, or otherwise repurpose them (with credit to the original authors).
- Self-study activity drawing on interactive platform through Canada’s Human Rights Commission
- Self-study based on audio guided visualization
- Self-study using YouTube video
- Partner activity applying principle to case scenarios
- Partner activity drawing on visual images
- Large group activity using YouTube video and experiential exercise
- Class discussion based on YouTube video
- Class discussion based on video from Truth and Reconciliation Commission
This teaching and learning guide provides an advance glimpse into the CRSJ counselling model, which will be more fully presented in the new e-book available here by December 1st, 2018.